DEEP DIVER CERTIFICATION
Earning your deep diver certification allows you to dive to the maximum recreational depth allowed (130'). Off of the coast of North Carolina, this allows you to visit some of the amazing wrecks like the U352, Normania, Atlas as well as many others. Our instructors will train you how to safely and confidently dive to these depths.
Who this class is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wants to advance their dive training
Our Deep Diver class fee includes:
- Your e-learning, tests & instructor review.
- Instructor led deep training dives with a certified deep instructor (4 dives between 60' & 130').
- Deep certification card & processing fees.
What you will learn:
- Recognizing your personal limits
- The specialized gear needed for deep diving
- Effects the added depth has on mental faculties
- Effects of gas narcosis
- Gas management, planning and emergency procedures
- Handling & use of a redundant gas source
- Navigation skills needed when deep diving
- Additional underwater signals used in deep dives
Deep Diver certification prerequisites:
- 15 years or older (Under 18 requires parental consent)
- 100 percent comprehension of questions and answers at the end of each chapter in the SDI Computer Nitrox Diving Course
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks)
- Redundant gas source (available for rent)
- Appropriate exposure protection for diving environment (available for rent)
- Compass (wrist, computer or console)
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course.
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently.
- Upload a photo to the certifying agency website (no hats or sunglasses)
- 2-3 hours for online learning
- 4 hours of instructor led in-water training
Deep Diving Certification
Please check our online calendar for a scheduled class before purchasing. You may be able to join an already scheduled course.
This class includes your online e-learning material, 4 in-water training sessions with a certified instructor, your certification card (C-Card) and bragging rights to your friends.